Mother's Day 2020 Gift Wish List!
We’re guessing that most Moms just want a day of peace & solitude this Mother’s Day, but that’s not likely to happen while #circuitbreaker is still in effect! Nonetheless, you can still treat yourself and come up with your own Mother’s Day Wish List! We’re here to help you with some gift ideas! We've shortlisted some of our own kaftans alongside some of our favourite, independent brands in Singapore and abroad, as we also love to #supportlocal #supportsmallbusiness #supportindependentbrands #supportmompreneurs #supportmumsinbusiness
1. vin + min - Showcasing some of our favourite pieces from our latest collections!
From our Pastels & Pearls Collection, the Ophelie Kaftan (S$130) in White lurex chiffon with hand-sewn pearl beaded trim. Pearls are always classy and classic!
Next up is the Lestari Kaftan in Ocean (S$130) from our Batifolie Collection in collaboration with @vespertine_sg! Sometimes all you need is a splash of colour to brighten your mood!
Our Théia Collection was all edge with elegance, gold and glam! The Kassia Kaftan (S$150) in hot pink definitely channels Queen of the Nile!
Finally, our Noël Collection, which was released just in time for Xmas! Our Oriaku Kaftan (S$140) with hand sewn metallic beaded trim comes in 4 different colours, including this stunning abstract print!
2. Anthea Cooper Jewellery - Beautiful and uniquely designed natural stone jewellery by Anthea Cooper, inspired by culture and nature! We have the Rose Gold plated Amazonite Midi Wrap Ring, and we also love these stunning pieces!
3. Vespertine - Artisanal batik women’s wear in bold designs and prints. Check out Vespertine’s latest designs below! Our absolute fave design is the Lana every day dress! Must confess that we have 7 of these, some in customised prints, so we can literally wear one every day!
Lana Every day Dress in Indigo (S$136)
Sunniva Wrap Skirt in Zenith (S$98)
4. Aarohana Eco-Social - Much love for this social enterprise based out of India and how they up-cycle plastic bags and candy wrappers into stylish accessories! Our favourite is their beach bag! This has been our go-to day bag for over a year and it’s still in great shape! We've also given away a few as gifts!
Beach Bag (S$25)
5. Mmerci Encore - This aromatherapie atelier uses only 100% pure, therapeutic grade essential oils of uncompromising quality. We love their soothing scents! Our favourite is their Nightshade collection! We use their relaxing nightshade sleep mode roll-on every night before bed!
6. Dance Embassy - Let loose and dance it out with Dance Embassy! Their virtual dance classes via Zoom (S$15) are not only super fun, they're a great stress releaser too! We ourselves are Bollyfreaks and have been hooked on the latest Bollywood moves and tunes since 2014! Check out their schedule of classes below! Just download the Zoom app and register for classes via the Dance Embassy website!
7. CK Karkhanis Hair Color Specialist - Once CB is over, many of us will be rushing off to do all things aesthetic! If your hair needs a colour refresh, CK is definitely the one to see! Personally tried and tested, CK takes into account your skin tone and meticulously hand paints your strands to create texture, contrast, & movement. Whether you're a blonde or brunette or anything in between, CK's got mad skills. You can find her at La Source Spa @ the Hilton.
8. glo.mama.co - Sports bras designed with breast-feeing moms in mind! glomamaco's breast-feeding friendly sports bras make great gifts for nursing moms and moms-to-be! They come in 2 signature shades, Blush & Black (S$52)!
9. Vue Maldives - Who needs a vacation the second travel restrictions are lifted?! Why not plan your next luxurious holiday (without the kids!) to the Maldives! Check out Vue Maldives' carefully curated list of the Maldives' finest resorts! Their hotels includes Coma, Conrad, Six Senses, Jumeirah, Shangri-La and many more!
10. Island Living by Cocoon - While you won't be able to take a vacay for Mother's Day, you can bring the vacation to your home with Island Living's beautiful and unique decor & furniture pieces. Their home accessories are imported from all around the world, including from Bali, Vietnam, and as far as Kenya! See some of our favourites below!
Bamboo Pendant Lamps (S$55-65)